Monday, June 23, 2008

Job Hunting USA

So I have applied to 11 jobs so far. I made "contact" with one employer and was rejected from a managing editor position at Canon LLC, which was expected seeing as I am just starting out. I'm really crossing my fingers on this one job. I won't say where it is just yet (I'm afraid I'll jinx it), but the odds are good. I am surprised at how many great jobs opened up during this past week especially for entry level positions.

I'm kind of glad I didn't worry about job hunting during my last quarter of school since the few times I peeked on craigslist or monster, the jobs looked pretty lame. Also, I know a lot of my friends and fellow co-workers tried to snag a job during this time and it seems like it was unfortunately a lot of grief that didn't lead to anywhere.

Anyway, sorry for this boring post (all two of you who read this). I'm hungry, though, so maybe when I have my late afternoon lunch I'll have something to write about, although I have some ideas.

Next Time: I'll try and talk about some movies I'm really excited about and maybe I'll discuss this really stupid idea I have for a play that I'm writing (sort of).

No comments: