Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lil Wayne Is the Antichrist (Apparently)

I ended up having to work on Sunday and I had to go around all of the VMA commotion happening on the lot. Amid screaming teenagers and busy crews, one guy standing at the gate caught my attention: He was wearing a sign that said, "Lil Wayne Is the Antichrist." At first I was skeptical, but now that I think of it, it explains this album cover:


Anyway, after work I picked up a mattress for my new place and then had dinner with Mack at the Santa Monica Pier. I had only been there once and it wasn't at night. In the evening, the pier looks pretty damn gorgeous with its lit carousel, etc.

Back at my apartment, I unloaded my new bed, shelf, desk and three-drawer dresser that I found collectively on craigslist for $105. Big savings there! I've been in L.A. for three weeks now, but it still hasn't hit me that this is where I live. Mostly that is because I didn't move into my apartment until a few days ago and I just got my furniture (I still need to get some of my boxes from Sunnyvale, too). Still, now that I am pretty close to having done all my move-in stuff, I am starting to get some inspiration to write. So, I think it's time for me to accomplish that big goal I set for myself 6 years ago...

No comments: