Tuesday, September 2, 2008

VMehs?

The Video Music Awards will be filmed at my work this weekend, but I'm not sure I have any interest in going. I'm sure the studio will do a good job, but I can't imagine sitting there for three hours watching people get moonmen.

I'd only go to check out the live performances, but it's not the style of music I listen to, so again, it's not for me. (I can already see Nicki going, "What, Nick?! You don't want to see the Jonas Bros?!")

Also, I'm not really one of those, "you'll never guess who I was in the same room with" people. Unless I have a formal conversation with someone, it doesn't seem that neat.

However, it is hosted by the British dude from "Forgetting Sarah Marshall," which I thought was hilarious. I guess it depends how I want to spend my Sunday evening.

On another note, I love the radio stations here. They actually update their playlists and one station, Indie 103.1, is like someone stole my iPod. Oh, I know. Nick and his "indie" music, so pretentious. Bite me.

Lastly, I officially move into my place tomorrow. I've met a whole lot of new people here and I have this renewed vigor for life that not even a 3-hour organic chemistry final can take away. Does that sound too Chicken Soup? Well, whatever. Friends up north, if you plan on visiting L.A. anytime soon, I have a fresh new pad you can crash at. :-)

4 comments:

Monique Geisler said...

don't say "friends up north" like you have an abundance of us.....

Nick said...

D'oh!

Batalla said...

I say we go to the L.A. County Fair on Sunday. MTV material hasn't been worth watching for years. Why spend three hours in a studio setting when you can spend an entire day at a beer garden or betting on horses?

nicki said...

the jo bros are hot. you're not. you and mark both suck and clearly have awful taste in music.