Friday, July 11, 2008

July Happenings

Things are sure picking up in my neck of the woods. I am about to own my first car. I have been printing ads from vehix.com like crazy and I am leaning toward a used Saturn with less than 60,000 miles on it. I'm going to peruse the car lots next week and I know everyone hates dealing with car salesmen, but I'm going to enjoy this. Why? Well, I like to pretend like the salseman is an employee that I am five minutes away from firing. Also, I have watched a lot of "House" this past week and studied his particular brand of behavior to prepare myself for this.

On another note, the job hunt is going excellent. I was waiting on a contact from NBC, but since that is taking awhile (and hey, these guys are busy so I don't blame them), I'm being extra cautious and I have restarted my vigorous application program. I have finally perfected the art of writing cover letters, so all is well. In just two days, I have applied to twelve more jobs (Warner Bros., Disney, CBS, ABC) and I think there are two that I just might be a shoe-in for.

I was also tickled by an opening for an editor position at DC Comics. I didn't realize until after I applied that the job is in New York. However, if for some reason I actually get a call...why the hell not? Otherwise, it's L.A. all the way for me.

I'm also looking at some awesome apartments in L.A., particularly in Burbank. Great spots with air conditioning, garbage disposal and a pool all for under $600 a month.

Lastly, good news! I have stuck to my "3 miles a day" jogging routine for a week now. I'm about to head out right now for a jog, but I have to say: I'm excited for this new life post-college.

4 comments:

nicki said...

dc comics new york gets my vote. one, you get to move to a new state and that's awesome. two, you get to be surrounded by fellow nerds who will appreciate your strange fascination for superman.

Nick said...

My first comic: "The Adventures of Nifty Nicki: Blogger Extraordinaire." Her super-power? That sassy wit of hers. ;-)

Monique Geisler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monique Geisler said...

Damint, no everyone can see I messed up my post. Anyways I was going to chime in with something funny saying I agree with Nicki.... she thinks you're a nerd ha!

good luck btw, post-college is quite a trip. And we never made it out for that drink in Walnut Creek. I got stood up, thus you in turn get stood up.