Sunday, July 6, 2008

Runner's High

Update: Trying out a new blog design here. The theme sort of matches my title (which I rushed so I could start writing sooner), but I may change the design back because I think the new one hurts my eyes. Thoughts?

Okay. I'm making a public announcement: The last few days I have been jogging. A lot. It helps me clear my head and I feel pretty good after I've done three miles. I tell you this so that I will continue to do this "healthy" exercise.

Why does this help? Well, when people bug me everyday and ask me how my routine is going, I don't like having to give the embarrassing answer of, "I'm a big stupid quitter. Sorry." Thus, the incentive for me to run is now "embarrassment prevention." Every week, I plan to add an extra mile to my routine. I imagine at some point there will be a day where I say, "Okay, you can keep jogging everyday, but you can't run 50 miles a day. You're not Forrest Gump... and you'll probably die." Until then, we'll see what I can endure.

Side Note: I considered adding the clause "OR AM I?!" after the "Forrest Gump" remark but then I realized you would think less about the physical challenges I have proposed and more about, um, "mental challenges." Too late, though, because you're already thinking about it, aren't you? I hate you.

Lastly, as controversy continues to surround the upcoming Olympics, I'm going to have to take a rare stance and actually agree with Bush on this one. For me, the Olympics are about every country dropping the dramas and getting along just for a little bit. It's a nice sentiment and I fail to see the benefit of a boycott. I say relish the spirit of the games. Then, everyone can go back to protesting and hating each other.

1 comment:

nicki said...

i don't get why this design relates to your blog name...but maybe i'm not cultured enough or something. i do like this one better, though. i'm a big fan of clouds.