Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Cara de Torta

I am currently sitting in a factory in Mexico. Oddly enough, the past couple days I have been taken to a sushi restaurant and a French restuarant and both were better than similar places in the U.S. Only a few more days until my aunt gets married.

In other news, I got a rejection letter from some place I did not know I even applied to. Apparently, I sent a job application on July 21. According to the email, the person received over 700 applications, which probably means mine did not even get read. This explains a lot. Crap, I wonder how many places that I have applied to have received so many apps. If that is the case, then I think it might be time to take a stroll through LA and get in some face time. Man, summer is not a good time to look for jobs. Everyone is looking at the same time and the jobs are mostly simple so it is not as if an amazing resume will do anything. Luck of the draw, I suppose. Well, I am a pretty lucky guy. I think I am going to get some good cards soon.

2 comments:

Di said...

But why the cake face?

nicki said...

good call on simply walking through the entire city of los angeles. i hear it's a small place and you get to know everybody really quickly.