Sunday, August 17, 2008

WWW: Welcome to the Working World

So, I got the job. I start in a week, but you know me, super paranoid. Don't want to jinx it. They wanted me to start this Wed. but I asked for just a few more days to get all my stuff. They were cool with it. Hopefully, they don't forget.

Anyway, yes, after all the papers are signed, I will officially be working on a network talk show. You can ask me which one on facebook or gmail chat, if you're curious. I don't want to say which show on here just because I reckon the producers don't want me blabbing to the world wide web about it. Also, I'd probably get Google-bombed.

The job is basically a 60-hour work week but it pays alright. No complaints here. It's the kind of job where after awhile you might get moved up and things get a little easier, so it doesn't bother me too much. It's not too different from the lifestyle I had before at the newspaper.

Now I am just looking for a place to live. If you know anyone in the L.A. area who needs a roomie, let me know. I'm scrolling through listings, but I see that a lot of people screwed themselves over. I've seen plenty of nice places for super cheap. The people who are looking for roommates are overpaying, I think.

Oh, and I am borrowing the parents' car for a week or two. I'm going to be shopping for my first car in L.A. If you know of a good dealership, the advice would be much appreciated.

Lastly, while I'm packing my stuff from the Bay Area, I will take a short break this Friday to see Radiohead and Beck at the San Francisco Outside Lands Festival in Golden Gate Park. If any of you are going or would like to come with, hit me up. It's going to be a great concert.

No comments: