Saturday, August 9, 2008

Mexican Wedding

I'm on my way home from Mexico City and man did I have a good time. My aunt's wedding was great and I'll put photos up later. Holy crap did we eat and drink a lot! Eating here is so different. When we went out to a restaurant, we stayed there for like 8 hours eating both lunch and dinner at the same place. My family is awesome!

A Mexican wedding is something else. When my aunt came down the aisle, they did not play "Here Comes the Bride." Instead, they played this traditional Spanish music, which may or may not have to do with the fact that the groom's side is mostly from Spain. It sounded very tango-y. The setting was amazing, too. There were candles all over the room and white tables shaped like cubes that had lights in them and, of course, an open bar. Don't worry, UCSB was repped well, in fact, VERY well.

The wedding lasted until five in the morning. At four o'clock, I nearly died when they told me they were now serving breakfast: Nachos just the way I like them! They had a great wedding singer and a saxophone player, too. Also, there were over 200 people there, all dancing and having a great time, some with sombreros and maracas (ahem, me).

In other news, holy crap, I have a job interview this week for a show you might be very familiar with. I can't say which show just yet, but I will tell you my job description sounds awesome. If I get the job, and hopefully I do, I'll announce the show later. Weird, though, that I got the call about the interview the exact day after I said in my blog that I feel like I'm about to get some good cards here.

Lastly, to answer some questions about my last post:

1) Cara de torta because it comes from a a Spanish phrase that means "not to worry."
2) By "Face time" I meant going to job expos and conferences. Not walking all one zillion blocks of L.A. Geez, Nicki, what am I going to do with you? ;-)

1 comment:

nicki said...

you'll probably just have to deal with me, suckaaaa